Wednesday 10 February 2010

Chocolate and hazlenut cupcakes


My second new recipe of last week was these DELICIOUS chocolate and hazelnut cupcakes with nutella frosting from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. They taste just like Nutella and match my cake stand perfectly.


I made these for my mum - she always comes over and eats ALL my cupcakes which I normally would eat gradually over a week! She's a chocoholic (a genetic trait) but still couldn't manage to eat all of these because they are so rich and filling.

Although the recipe is from a British bakery they do recommend you use American-style cupcake cases which are more like Muffin-size cases and all their cupcake recipes are based on this size. I still used normal cupcake size cases so my cakes where probably a little larger than most cupcakes and I had quite a bit of mixture left over - probably enough to make another 6 or so cakes.

I do like the recipes in this book - they all use milk in the mixture which makes them so moist. Once I've worked out the right amount I may start adding milk to my favourite vanilla and chocolate cake recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment